TextFree Plus takes the a-la-carte subscriptions that were previously offered and combines them into one bundled subscription.
Check out the information below for what features are included in a TextFree Plus subscription, pricing, as well as how to subscribe.
Benefits of TextFree Plus
- Call friends and family members without the worry of running out of minutes.
- No worrying about losing your TextFree Number.
- Provides an ad-free experience.
- Ability to change your TextFree number daily.
- Shortcode/verification code support (see below for details)
- Can be used with TextFree Web
What's included in the subscription
1. Unlimited Calling
This feature gives you unlimited calling, meaning you no longer need to earn or purchase minutes to make calls.
Note: The same calling rules apply for TextFree Plus as they do with anyone using the app with earned or purchased calling minutes.
For more information on calling in TextFree, please visit our Help Site articles:
2. Reserve your Number
Keep your TextFree number permanent without the worry of losing your number due to inactivity with a TextFree Plus subscription.
3. No Ads
Your TextFree app will be free of ads with a TextFree Plus subscription.
4. Change your TextFree number
With a TextFree Plus subscription, you have the ability to change your number more than once. To change your number within the app:
- TextFree Settings.
- Tap Account Info.
- Tap the three dots next to your TextFree number (far right-hand side).
- Tap Change TextFree Number.
- Tap Continue (to confirm the number change process).
- You can then choose a new number (and search for specific area codes etc).
5. Shortcode/verification code support
With a TextFree Plus subscription, you can use your TextFree number as a way to validate registrations with various entities (where this option is unavailable with a TextFree "free" account).
Note: You can also receive shortcodes via TextFree Web if you prefer to use your computer for Web-based texting.
- TextFree doesn’t limit the types of phone calls you can receive. However, certain companies may not allow you to use your TextFree number for verification, thus you may not receive the code.
- Note: Telegram shortcodes are not supported with a TextFree Plus subscription.
- This is not something that is imposed from our end, so we recommend contacting the service provider who is sending the verification texts to see if they support TextFree phone numbers.
New customers: When you register for a TextFree account and subscribe to TextFree Plus, you will default to the monthly subscription.
|Monthly (1 month)||$ 9.99||Default subscription for new iOS & Android accounts & accounts who upgrade to TextFree Plus via Settings.|
|Half Yearly (6 months)*||$ 39.99||Available for iOS customers only at this time. (see below for details)|
|Yearly (12 months)*||$ 69.99||
Available for iOS customers only at this time.
(see below for details)
How to subscribe
If you are a TextFree user who does NOT have a TextFree Plus subscription currently, you have the option to subscribe monthly. Here's how:
- Access TextFree app Settings.
- Under Subscription, tap UPGRADE (next to TextFree Plus).
- Tap Subscribe to sign-up for TextFree Plus.
- You will see 'Thanks for subscribing' which indicates you have successfully subscribed to TextFree Plus Monthly.
6-month or 12-month subscription:
- The 6 and 12-month subscription option is available for iOS users only at this time and must be upgraded via Apple's subscription page. (Device Settings > View Apple ID > Subscriptions)
- 6 and 12-month options are not available for Android at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Note: You can check your TextFree Plus subscription renewal date at any point by following the steps above.
If you have further questions or need assistance upgrading to TextFree Plus, please submit a request.
Article is closed for comments.