As of TextFree app version 11.82, we've enabled the ability to search your message inbox. Now you can easily search through your text messages using keywords to locate the specific content you're looking for.
- View your Inbox
- Drag down from the top of your inbox to populate the search bar
- Tap the search bar & type in your search
- Tap 'search' on your keyboard to view the results of your search
- A list of applicable messages that contain the keyword(s) from your search will display
- Keyword(s) that directly relate to your search will be in bold
- If the keyword(s) appear more than once in any individual conversation, it will be displayed as multiple results (which allows you to locate the exact message you're looking for)
- Click into the conversation you want to view, and the exact message that correlates to your search will be displayed
The prefix "Appoint" was searched and returned three results, two of which were from the same conversation.
The reason that the same conversation was displayed twice is that "appoint" appeared in the same conversation twice. This helps you to pinpoint the exact message that you're looking for and be taken to that specific part of the conversation thread.
Tips for using search:
- Click the 'x' to clear the search bar or 'Cancel' to quit search altogether and return to your inbox
- While viewing a message from the search result, you can tap 'Back' at any point to be taken back to your inbox where you can continue to look through other messages
Items to note:
- Keyword search is not case-sensitive
- While in the conversation, the message bubble that relates to your search is displayed in dark purple (indicating your message) and dark gray (recipients message) - as seen in the video above
*What you can search/filter in addition to keywords:
- Contact Name
If you have questions about the inbox search feature, please submit a request.