There are two important reasons to make sure your date and time are correctly set on your Android device:
If you're finding that you aren't receiving notifications for calls or messages, it could be because your date and time are inconsistent with what we're capturing.
A less serious, but still inconvenient outcome of an incorrect date and time is the inconsistency between the date and time within TextFree, and on your device.
To reset your date/time:
- Go to your 'Device Settings'
- Tap 'Date and Time Settings'
- Tap on 'Automatic' to deactivate the automatic date and time updates
- Choose 'Set a New Date'
- Select the Day/Month/Year to reset
If the changes don't reflect right away, try completing a clean reinstall of your app.
Important items to note:
- TextFree does not support OS versions below 7. While you can still use the app, you will no longer be able to install any new versions of the app from the Google Play Store, which often contain bug fixes or updates to the existing features or functionality.
- Recommended: Upgrade your device's OS to 7 and above to receive any future updates to TextFree.
To perform a clean reinstall:
- Delete TextFree
- Restart your device
- Reinstall TextFree from the Google Play Store
Questions? Submit a request.