Sending a picture message works just like sending a regular text message with TextFree. Please follow the step-by-step instructions outlined below.
To send picture messages:
- Tap the 'new message' icon
- Type the name or number of your contact(s)
- Tap on the 'Camera' icon to take a photo, or choose one from your camera roll
- Choose either Camera (take a new photo) or Photos (to choose from camera roll)
- After you've taken or chosen your picture, a small thumbnail of the image will be added to the text field
- Click 'Send'
Important items to note:
- There is a 100 second and 60MB limit to the videos you can send. If you attempt to send a video that is longer than 100 seconds, it will not deliver successfully (and you may receive an "unable to send" error message)
- At times, we compress larger videos when sending/receiving which may result in a lower quality video, but we include a link for a high-resolution version of the video as well for viewing
- If you're in Canada: We do not support any MMS to Canadian numbers at this time.
- If you're in Canada: Picture messages cannot be received from contacts whose carrier is Rogers Communications at this time.
Questions? Submit a request.