The device syncs your contacts with the app before installing (at the time of asking for app permissions).
However, to add a new contact or edit an existing one, follow the instructions below depending on where you want to add contacts from:
To add contacts from the dial pad
- When the full number has been entered, tap on +New Contact on the dial pad, or to add the number to an existing contact, tap Add to Existing.
- When the full number has been entered, tap ADD TO CONTACTS seen below the number.
- Tap New Contact or Add to Existing.
- To add new: Enter the contact fields > tap Done to add the contact.
- To add to existing: Locate the TextFree contact and tap to save the additional number.
To add contacts from within a conversation:
- Tap on the three dots at the top right
- Choose 'Add contact'
- Choose between 'add new contact' or 'add to existing.' (If you have not given access to your contacts, please tap 'Allow' when prompted.)
- Add new contact: Enter the contact fields > tap SAVE.
- Add to existing: Tap update contact > locate & select the TextFree contact you wish to add the number to > tap SAVE the additional number.
- Tap on the address book icon on the top right
- Choose 'Create New Contact' or 'Add to existing Contact'
- Make your edits, then click 'Done'
To edit contacts:
If you’d like to edit a contact from within the app, just follow the same steps of adding a new contact (seen above), then make the desired changes.
Please Note: Any changes you make to the contact on your device's address book will be reflected in the app as well.
Questions? Submit a request.