Have you received the following error message in Pinger:
"Whoops! Sorry - something didn't go through! Please check your network connection, then try again"
If so, this article should help address how to resolve this issue.
Please try the following steps below to ensure that you have a solid connection to our TextFree servers as well as the possible reasoning behind why you are experiencing a network error.
- Force close and reopen the app
- Check that you are connected to a data network or WiFi
- Reinstall the app
- Reset your network connection (iOS users only)
Step 1: Force close and reopen the app
Closing the TextFree app and then reopening is good practice for app functionality and is a simple routine to perform on a regular basis.
Apple device steps:
- Open your phone's Settings app
- Tap Apps & notifications the app. If needed, tap App info before the app
- Tap Force stop OK
Step 2: Check that you are connected to a data network or WiFi
To check your connection:
- Open up a web browser on your phone
- Perform a Google search
Important: For Android users, please move on to step 3.
Step 3: Reset your Network connections (iPhone users only)
For iPhone users, this will reset any saved passwords and usernames in Safari as well as any preset network information.
To reset your Network connection:
- Device 'Settings'
- Reset Network Connections
Step 4: Reinstall the application
Sometimes connection issues do come up so it's best to start fresh by deleting & reinstalling the app.
Important regarding reinstalling the app:
Check your device's current OS version prior to uninstalling as our app cannot support older OS versions. See below for details.
Android users: The app does not support OS versions below 7. Devices on OS 6 or below will no longer be able to install any new versions of the app from the Google Play Store.
- Recommended: Upgrade your device's OS to 7 and above.
- Note: For any app version above 8.42 on Android, you will NOT lose your messaging and calling data.
iOS users: The app does not support OS versions below 14. If you are on iOS version 13 or below, we advise against uninstalling the app as it will not be available for reinstallation in iTunes.
- Recommended: Upgrade your device's OS to 14 or above to be able to reinstall the app.
- Note: For any app version above 11.38 on iOS, you will NOT lose your messaging and calling data.
For a completely clean reinstall:
- Delete the app from your device
- Restart your device
- Reinstall the app from the app store
Important: You may lose messages if you reinstall the application, dependent on account usage.
If you are still experiencing the error message and need further assistance, please submit a request.
Article is closed for comments.