We care about your privacy and security, and for this reason, we are diligent with first verifying account ownership via your registered email prior to assisting you with login issues, account changes, or inquiries about sensitive account information. (More info)
It is important to verify your email address on your TextFree account in instances where you need to recover any login information (should you forget your password, for example.)
Why do I need to verify my email address?
When you create an account, we will send you a verification email to the address you used when signing up. It is important that you use an email you have access to when signing up as you will need to access the email in order to verify your account.
In order to obtain login credentials in the future should you need to contact support, you will need to have a verified account to show that you are the account owner.
How do I verify my email?
New accounts: If you just created an account, check your email inbox (or spam folder) as you should have received an email from us titled "Verify your email."
For all other accounts that need to verify:
- Login to TextFree Web.
- Click on your TextFree number in the top right corner.
- Tap on Account Settings.
- Add your email address & click enter.
- You will receive an email from TextFree to verify your email (click here if you're having trouble receiving/viewing the email.)
- Locate the email with the subject line "Verify your email" > open it. (If you just created your account, locate the "Welcome to TextFree!" email to verify.)
- Tap the Verify My Email button to verify the email for your TextFree account.
- You will then see a pop-up stating "Your email address is verified."
Check out this short video highlighting the steps above:
Important: Verifying your email is required if you ever forget your password.
- Instructions for Android if you forgot your login credentials
- Instructions for iOS if you forgot your login credentials
Having trouble with the verification email?
- Check your spam folder: We sometimes see these emails get marked as Spam in some mail clients.
- Yahoo email addresses: We have noticed a delay in receiving the verification email for Yahoo email addresses. Unfortunately, this is out of our control and an issue on Yahoo's end.
Note: If you received the email but cannot click on/view the Verify My Email button, try clicking the 'download images' or 'allow images' button to help populate the button which is considered an image.
Questions? Submit a request.