Have you recently been experiencing calling issues with TextFree? If so, please see below for more information on how to troubleshoot these issues.
Receiving one (or more) of the following error messages below when attempting to place a call:
- "call couldn't connect"
- "call failed"
- "poor network connection"
- "try again later"
- You are connected to WiFI
- You are placing an outgoing call
Cause & Resolution
The issues stated above may be occurring for a few reasons:
- You have a weak and/or poor WiFi connection
- You have no signal currently (as indicated on the top-right of the dial pad screen)
- Your IP address is being blocked
- You are connected to a VPN
Please verify the following information below in an effort to resolve your calling issue prior to contacting support:
- WiFi Connection: Turn WiFi off, then back on
- Network: Try connecting to a different WiFi Network (could be an issue with your current WiFi connection)
- Private Network (if applicable): If you are connected to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) please disconnect and try your call again.
- Airplane Mode: Ensure it's disabled
After you have verified the above information:
- "Force Quit" or "Force Stop" the app
- Re-open the app
Questions? Submit a request.