Please review the table of contents below to learn more about what TextFree Web is, how it works, and the commonly asked questions.
How it works:
TextFree Web allows you to send and receive texts, pictures, & video messages from a desktop or laptop for free.
- Voice calls are not supported on TextFree Web.
- If you click "Keep me logged in" on TextFree Web, your account will stay active for 7 days (meaning you will not have to re-enter the password in that time).
- Contacts from mobile do not automatically sync to TextFree Web (unless you have Google Contacts sync enabled in Web)
Helpful account management tools in TextFree Web:
Change your password in Settings
View the how-to article: How do I change my password?
Recover your lost username and password from the login screen
If you verified your email address, you can have a reset password link sent to your registered email address if you verified it during sign-up (or with our help if you need the verification email to be re-sent).
View the how-to steps seen here
Change/verify your email address
1. Click on your name and number in the upper right corner
2. Select Account Settings
3. Enter in your email and send a verification
4. If you did not receive the verification, click on Re-send verification email, and make sure to check your spam folder.
Closing your account
If you no longer need TextFree and wish to close your account, you will have to perform this process through the mobile app as we do not have this option in TextFree Web.
For more information please visit: How do I close my account or cancel a subscription?
Questions? Submit a request.