As per our policy, your number will expire after 30 days of inactivity. "Inactivity" in this sense means that you have not sent a message or made an outgoing phone call in a 30-day period.
However, we do send a warning to your verified email address letting you know that your number is nearing expiration and that is one reason why it is so important to provide a valid email address when you sign up for a TextFree account.
To keep your TextFree number active:
- Send a text or place an outgoing phone call to a Non-TextFree Contact within a 30-day period.
- Subscribe to our 'Reserve Number' Feature (additional monthly fee)
Actions that won't keep your number active:
- Receiving a phone call
- Receiving a message
- Sending a message from your email address
To choose a new number:
- Open up the TextFree app
- Choose a new number from a list (search for the area code)
- Once your number expires, so do your minutes. Please reach out to our support team and we'd be happy to transfer your minutes over to your new number
Please Note: If you do not see your expired number in the app (when it prompts you to choose a new one), this most likely means that that number is not available to use at this time.
Questions? Submit a request.