Single Sign-On (SSO) allows you to use the same login credentials across multiple platforms (in this case, TextFree Web & TextFree mobile).
What is Single Sign-On (SSO)?
Single sign-on (SSO) is an authentication method that enables you to access multiple applications with one login and one set of credentials.
How it works
If you choose to use single sign-on with TextFree, your login information from an outside (3rd) party will be used for both:
- Creating an account.
- Logging into an existing account.
You have the following single sign-on options with TextFree mobile:
- Apple (available for iOS users only)
The following single sign-on options are available for TextFree Web sign-up and log-in:
- If you created an account with one SSO provider, but wish to change to another (e.g. signed up for TextFree with Google, but want to switch to Apple) you will have to create a new account.
- If you'd like to transfer your TextFree number to the new SSO provider, contact Support for assistance.
- We cannot assist you with password recovery for SSO accounts. Login information for these account types is strictly handled with your SSO provider (Apple or Google) since we don't store this information.
- We recommend that if you choose to use SSO with TextFree, do NOT also create an "email-based account." This will create login issues and confusion if you have multiple accounts using the same registered email.
Apple SSO Emails
If you chose to "hide" your email when you signed up for TextFree and cannot remember the email now, you can locate that email:
If you need further assistance with single sign-on or login, please contact us.