Are you receiving the "Sorry, your message cannot be delivered to this number" when attempting to send text messages in TextFree? If so, please read the information below for more information to learn more.
- Receive this reply within the conversation when sending a message
- Message is being repeatedly sent to multiple numbers*
- Message may contain a hyperlink(s)*
- ie: link to a website or social media account
* The conditions above are likely attributing to the inability to deliver the message, but may not be the sole reason. Please see below for more details.
Cause & Resolution
The "Sorry, your message cannot be delivered to this number" is a bounce-back message from the receiving contacts carrier (and not TextFree.)
These messages will pop up when the receiving carrier blocks incoming messages due to either of the following:
- The number you are trying to text has blocked you or
- The recipient's carrier is incorrectly marking your sent messages as spam, based on the information contained within the message (most likely cause.)
Since these blocks are not originating on our end but rather from the recipient's carrier, in order to investigate further we recommend you:
Reach out to the recipient's carrier to determine why they are blocking certain incoming messages and whether or not there are any workarounds that can be employed to get this resolved.
If you are still experiencing issues with sending messages, please contact support and we will further assist you.