Syncing your Google Contacts to Web allows you to search for/populate contacts in TextFree Web that are located in your mobile contact list.
On the contrary, when this feature is disabled, mobile contacts will not sync/populate in TextFree Web and thus have to be entered manually when creating a new conversation.
If you do not have Google Contacts synced:
After you've manually entered the number(s) and sent the message successfully, you can rename the conversation thread with the contact's name, which will allow you to populate their name in TextFree Web moving forward.
How to enable:
- View your TextFree Web inbox
- Account Settings (located in the drop-down menu at the top-right)
- Click the Sync Google Contacts button
How to remove:
- Log out of your TextFree Web account (click the > Log Out)
- Clear your browser cache and cookies*
- After you’ve cleared your browser cache, shut down the browser & reopen it
- Visit TextFree Web and sign back in
- View your account settings > and confirm that the sync field is unchecked. You’ll also see a pop-up asking to sync your Google Contacts > Click the X to cancel
*For additional information on how to clear cache & cookies, please visit your browser’s support center for instructions, as steps will vary per browser.
If you’re unsure if your Google Contacts are synced currently, simply view TextFree Web Account Settings, and if synced, you’ll see a purple check mark like this:
Questions? Submit a request.