Looking to use TextFree to hold a conference call or to place a "three-way" call with your family or friends? Read below for the information you need to know.
Your TextFree number can be used in a three-way call but there are some restrictions:
- "TextFree-to-TextFree calls" cannot support three-way calling (aka your TextFree number calling another TextFree number or other VoIP calling app)
- The reason: VoIP calling is not supported by this type of calling and since TextFree uses VoIP calling, you cannot add and merge calls
What will work with three-way calling:
- Calling non-TextFree or VoIP numbers
- How to do this: The Non-TextFree number (cellphone number you called) will have to "add the third person to the call" and then "merge" the call when they pick up
For incoming three-way calls:
- Answer the TextFree call as normal and you will be connected to your caller's three-way call
To call into a conference call using your TextFreenumber:
- Dial the phone number provided by the meeting requester, and meeting ID (if applicable) and you're all set.
Questions? Submit a request.