Yes. Our system automatically recycles phone numbers to new users after 30 days of no outbound calling and text messaging activity. We notify you via email when this is about to happen, so you won't be surprised.
This is why it's important to verify your email address with our system so that you know if you are close to losing your number due to inactivity.
To keep your number active:
- Open up the TextFree app and text or call one of your contacts within a 30-day period
If you don't have access to your device:
- Use TextFree Web to send a message to keep your number active
- Install the app on another device to log into your account
What won't keep your account active?
- Sending picture messages
- Receiving texts or calls from your friends
- Replying to the warning texts you get from TextFree
- If you are not receiving the emails, make sure to check your spam folder
- Your minutes will expire if/when your number expires. Once you choose a new number, please reach out to our support team by submitting a request below, and one of our agents will be happy to assist with transferring your minutes to your new number.
Questions? Submit a request.