Please see the table of contents below for commonly asked questions when using TextFree for calling.
- Are calls from TextFree-to-TextFree free?
- Are incoming calls free?
- Are outgoing calls free?
- Are you charged minutes for minutes if a call goes to voicemail?
- Can I place calls from TextFree Web?
- Can I receive verification calls?
- All incoming and outgoing calls to and from a TextFree number are free.
- All incoming calls to your TextFree number are free.
- Outgoing calls (to a non-TextFree user) cost you minutes. You can earn or purchase minutes easily. Please visit our help site article: How to earn or purchase calling minutes for more information.
- However, if you place a call to a TextFree phone number, the call is free.
Minutes and missed calls
- If your outgoing call goes to voicemail, minutes will still be deducted from your account.
TextFree Web and Calling
The Web-version of TextFree does not support placing or receiving phone/video calls. It is solely for Web-based texting, therefore, using a computer or laptop for calls is not supported.
Can I receive verification calls?
Verification calls and/or texts are supported, but only with a paid subscription to TextFree Plus. Accounts that do not have an active TextFree Plus subscription will be unable to receive verification calls and/or texts.
More info: Can I receive verification calls or texts?
1. What countries can I call?
With TextFree, you can call the following countries:
- United States
If you need further information on how to dial to these countries, please visit this article: International Calling for more information.
Questions? Submit a request.