Please see the table of contents below for commonly asked questions when using TextFree for calling.
- Are calls from TextFree-to-TextFree free?
- Are incoming calls free?
- Are outgoing calls free?
- Are you charged minutes for minutes if a call goes to voicemail?
- Can I place calls from TextFree Web?
- Can I receive verification calls?
- All incoming and outgoing calls to and from a TextFree number are free.
- All incoming calls to your TextFree number are free.
- Outgoing calls (to a non-TextFree user) cost you minutes. You can earn or purchase minutes easily. Please visit our help site article: How to earn or purchase calling minutes for more information.
- However, if you place a call to a TextFree phone number, the call is free.
Minutes and missed calls
- If your outgoing call goes to voicemail, minutes will still be deducted from your account.
TextFree Web and Calling
The Web-version of TextFree does not support placing or receiving phone/video calls. It is solely for Web-based texting, therefore, using a computer or laptop for calls is not supported.
Can I receive verification calls?
Verification calls and/or texts are supported, but only with a paid subscription to TextFree Plus. Accounts that do not have an active TextFree Plus subscription will be unable to receive verification calls and/or texts.
More info: Can I receive verification calls or texts?
Can I block my number/Caller ID from the person I'm calling?
TextFree does not offer the ability to "hide" or "restrict" your TextFree number from the recipient of the call (the person you're calling).
If you wish to keep your number anonymous, it is best to use *67 (then input the phone number- with area code you wish to call) with your cell phone number.
1. What countries can I call?
With TextFree, you can call the following countries:
- United States
If you need further information on how to dial to these countries, please visit this article: International Calling for more information.
Questions? Submit a request.