If you are having trouble logging into your account because you forgot your password, TextFree number and/or username, please review the information below to help you recover your login details and reset your password.
Accordion Section 1 Name: 1. Verify your email address
When you create an account, we send a verification email to the address you used for registration so you can verify your account.
Important: We suggest using the email you currently have access to when signing up as this is where we will send the verification email and information that will help get you logged back into your account.
If your account is verified:
For accounts that have a verified phone number or email address associated:
Please skip this verification step and proceed to the next step to recover your TextFree credentials & reset your password (if applicable.)
If your account is not verified:
If you did not verify your account when signing up (or can't remember if you verified your email), you will need to contact support to resend the verification email to your registered email which will then allow you to proceed to step 2 to reset your password.
Instructions: Verify account through email
Accordion Section 2 Name: 2. Retrieve login credentials / reset password
The steps below pertain to accounts that forgot their password & have previously (or recently) verified an email address or phone number.
To reset your password:
- Tap 'Log in' in the app.
- Enter your phone number, username, or the registered email (email you used when signing up.)
- Tap the Forgot Password? button.
- You will see a Reset Password screen pop-up with the obfuscated email address associated with your TextFree account.
- If this is the correct email tap 'Send Reset Link' & you'll receive an email with instructions on how to reset your password.
- If this is the incorrect email, tap 'This is not my email.'
- After you send the reset link, check your email for the 'Let's reset your password' email.
- Open the email and click the Reset My Password button.
- You will then be taken to the Create a New Password screen > input your NEW password.
- Tap Update to save the new password.
- Proceed to log in using your new password.
Yahoo email addresses: We have noticed a delay in receiving the password reset email for Yahoo email addresses. Unfortunately, this is out of our control and an issue on Yahoo's end.
Again, if you don't know your email or any part of your login credentials, we will be unable to verify that you are the account owner through your device information.
Accordion Section 3 Name: Can't verify email or retrieve login credentials?
If you are unable to verify your email address or retrieve your login credentials from the instructions listed in the steps above:
- Contact Support from the email address you used when registering for your TextFree account.
- Please note: In order to assist you, you will need to have a verified email on your account.
The only way we can verify your account information is if:
- You submit a request while logged into the TextFree app (Settings > Get Help > Contact Us)
- Send us an email from a verified email address.
Without any of the above information, we have no way of finding your account within our system to help send your login credentials.
Questions? Submit a request.