Note: This article is for help with troubleshooting dial pad issues for TextFree Android users only.
Are you having trouble with the TextFree dial pad from within a call? If so, please view the information below to further troubleshoot your issue.
Are you finding that when calling phone numbers that require you to use the dial pad from within the call, the numbers you press aren't being recognized?
- When you make an outgoing call using the Pinger app
- Android devices only
Cause & Resolution
This can occur when these are with 1-800 numbers or numbers with automated messages.
Below are a couple of options where you can enable/disable these sounds in Settings in order to resolve the issue:
From your dial pad (outside of Pinger)
- Access your device's dial pad
- Choose "Settings" from within the dial pad
- You should see something similar to "dialer tones" or "ringtones and keypad tones"
- Make sure the keypad tone is turned on
From your device Settings (outside of Pinger)
- Device 'Settings'
- Tap 'Sound & Display'
- Tap 'Audible Touch Tones'
Depending on the type of Android device you have, the Settings may be worded differently, but the same steps should apply.
Questions? Submit a request.